MUST BE ABLE TO WORK F/T ONSITE in Basking Ridge, NJ- no remote option.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate efficiently and effectively with Engineers and Product teams on complex problems involving functionality and scaling/performance.
- Drive ad-hoc troubleshooting teams towards solutions and proper rollouts.
- Responsible for coordinating project execution for the infrastructure related IT operations and projects
- Work with project managers, vendors (local and remote teams) and other IT stake holders to coordinate project activities
- Project status reporting under the guidance of project managers and senior IT executives
- Identifying project bottlenecks and proactive communication leading to resolution
- Ensures team(s) maintain focus on quality and continuous delivery
- Provides visibility into delivery targets, commitments and progress
- Be well managed – understands and coaches the team on delivery controls/compliance to minimize operational/reputational risk
- Understands and supports the product and technical strategies
- Understands/stays current on domain architecture and targets to identify upstream/downstream dependencies and to support the team in risk management
- Proactively identifies impediments and appropriately resolves using network of peers and formal channels (including escalation if required)
- Supports team’s automation (testing, pipelines, deployments)/DevOps journey
- Direct Experience implementing AWS/cloud services (see below)
- 3+ yrs experience with Cloud Infrastructure (GCP).
- 5+ yrs DevOps or Systems Administration experience.
- 2+ yrs Automation experience using popular languages (bash, python, etc).
- Experience building Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment workflows.
- Proficient with crafting concise and professional communications during emergency production infrastructure incidents.
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Understanding of database fundamentals and experience with MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Understanding of git and Github workflows.
Some Hands-On Experience Needed:
- Hands-on experience with the following
o AWS CloudWatch
o AWS EC2
o AWS VPC
o AWS System Manager
o AWS CloudFormation
o AWS EBS
o AWS Cost Explorer
o AWS Lambda
o AWS DynamoDB
o Python/Shell Scripting
- Experience in managing production systems for the following areas:
o Security (Including threat protection)
o Infrastructure provisioning
- Experience in CI/CD is a plus
- Experience in Azure/GCP is a plus
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience deploying microservices environments.
- Experience converting applications to run in Docker containers, and with orchestration layers.
- Experience using terraform with multiple providers and/or integrated with a build/release system.
- Experience in software development.
- Computer Science or Engineering degree