Data Scientist with the following skills and duties:
Thorough understanding of mathematical modeling, machine learning models and data analysis to generate practical solutions to complex business problems, to explore new business alternatives and to drive improvement in business decisions. Work closely with the business units to identify root causes, define the strategic and tactical needs and drive the appropriate business and technical solutions.
M.S or Ph.D degree in a quantitative field (Operations Research, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or other related fields).
Other major(s) and/or field(s) of study required:
Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related.
Quantitative experience requirements:
Must have one year experience in the offered position or related position (other acceptable titles: Research Assistant, Data Scientist, Data Architect or a related).
Must have 2 years of experience in the following skill set:
- Experience in mathematical modeling and optimization algorithms and technologies, especially in large scale discreet, nonlinear and stochastic mathematical optimization models.
- Knowledge in advanced and applied hypothesis testing, data analysis, computational statistics, time series analysis, econometric methods and simulation.
- Deep understanding of machine learning models specially customized loss functions with applications in regression, classification, rule mining, data partitioning and embedding.
- Broad knowledge of existing NLP and computer vision algorithms and technologies.
- Hands on experience in algorithm implementation and development using deep learning models.
- Computational programming and data manipulation with Python, Matlab, R and C++ to develop and implement optimization, machine learning and statistical testing models as part of data science solutions.
- Producing high quality technical documents and publishing technical papers in journals.
- Knowledge of quantitative financial analysis, investment analysis, portfolio optimization and numerical option pricing.
- +2 years of experience in optimization, machine learning, computational programming, data analysis and algorithm development.
- Experience in translating technical or statistical analysis results into business recommendations.
- Able to speak in plain English to smart non-technologists in a variety of roles and functions across the firm.
- Estimation planning and delivery of data science deliverable tasks.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication.
Employer will accept any suitable combination of education, training or experience.
4B Cedarbrook Dr, Cranbury, NJ, 08512.
The position is 40 hours per week, 9:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday.