About the company:
Visionet Systems, Inc. (VSI) is a privately held and employee-owned company that was founded in 1995 and headquartered in Cranbury, New Jersey. With over 2500 employees globally, Visionet has established itself as a leading Software Services, Outsourcing Partner and Software Products company delivering value through onsite and offshore programming and process services. It services over 150 clients across diverse industries including banking, retail, insurance, distribution and manufacturing while building deep competencies in the mortgage industry.
Visionet Systems Pvt. Ltd. (VSPL), an offshore India arm of VSI, is well-positioned as the strategic technology and outsourcing partner for all its clients. Its leadership team, with several years of experience in Technology and Mortgage Banking experience, is committed to drive the strategic vision of the organization to be a niche provider of technology-driven outsourcing services and be an innovation center.
About the role:
The Underwriter’s primary responsibilities will be to provide underwriting analysis of loans, supervise and review work of other offshore/onshore analysts, provide training and coordinate with clients. This is a role for an ambitious and intelligent individual who delights in their own and their team’s success. This position offers the opportunity to work in a multi-location and multicultural environment with teams spread across different countries. In this role you will be part of the presales activities for origination clients; meeting clients (involves approximately 30-40% travel).
- Analyze, interpret, and underwrite complex residential real estate transactions in compliance with respective agency guidelines within expected timeframes.
- Include appropriate documentation relating to the final underwriting decision.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with origination and closing departments as well as external agencies.
- Correspond with applicants, client representatives, and account holders on reasons for declines, additional information, and items concerning requests.
- Analyze customer’s credit information and make underwriting decisions per policy/guidelines.
- Review title and appraisal documentation for accuracy.
- Clear conditions once documentation requested have been satisfied.
- Contribute to assigned special projects by participating in department, product, and process improvement initiatives.
- Serve as a point person for managing assigned account relationships and expectations. Maintain high visibility through proactive account communication.
- Provide direction & training to our underwriting/customer service/endorsement & cancellation Staff (including offshore team).
- Coach agents on products, services, automation, and underwriting standards.
Key attributes of the incumbent
- Should have a minimum 10 years’ experience in mortgage credit underwriting, appraisal underwriting, underwriting QC review, agency due diligence, etc.
- Certified credentials in underwriting and in full appraisals. DE underwriter would be an added advantage.
- Should have experience in managing teams, training and coaching. An incumbent with experience in working with offshore teams would be plus.
- Should be good in documentation and process management.
- Ability to problem-solve and exercise independent judgment while displaying a high degree of initiative and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to organize & prioritize projects; complete multiple tasks on schedule.
- Ability to work productively under minimal supervision.