Software Engineer, with the following duties:
- Provide technical consultancy to clients for Microsoft BI projects.
- Design, develop, test, modify, implement, integrate and customize software applications and software systems.
- Excellent coding skills and understanding of software design patterns and architecture.
- Contributes to software engineering best practices for design, coding standards, performance, security, delivery, maintainability and culture.
- Design, implement, test, debug and troubleshoot applications using Microsoft BI Stack (SSIS, SSRS and SSAS) and SQL Server 2008 R2 / 2017.
- Provide functional and analytical review;
- Assure that application design and implementation are consistent with technology strategy; Assist in devising the unit test plans;
- Provide production support for critical system and to ensure the continuity of business;
- Manage escalations, issue resolution and corrective action planning;
- Working with Customers’ Project Managers to prioritize and plan work assignments.
- Estimating and Planning complex project activities and resource scheduling.
- Provide functional and analytical review; Provide production support for software systems.
- Act as liaison with offshore development team.
Educational requirements: BA degree in computer science, Computer Engineering or related field.
Work experience requirements: 2 years of experience in the offered position, or in the alternate job title of Advisory Architect, or a related occupation.
Skill set requirements: 2 years in the following skill set: Microsoft SQL server. SQL server Integration Services. SQL Server Reporting Services. Microsoft .NET web development
Employer will accept any suitable combination of education, training or experience.
Job is currently located in Tampa, FL with possibility of medium to long-term relocation to Pittsburgh PA or Cranbury, NJ or other unanticipated client sites throughout the US.
The position is 40 hours per week, 9:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday.