Our client is one of the leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies in the US. It relies on the use of massive amounts of data to develop new products, solutions, and cures. However, the company faced the following challenges:
- Inefficient information storage and management
- Poor movement of data libraries between stakeholders
- Ineffective real-time collaboration
- Unorganized data available from multiple sources in different physical environments
- Slow turnaround on reporting resulting in delayed decision making
- Increasing on-premises infrastructure costs
Visionet redesigned the client’s BI infrastructure and data pipelines to ensure scalability and data consolidation into one simple, easy-to-analyze dashboard. The solution accomplished the following:
- Re-architected and deployed the client’s existing Qlik cluster on Amazon Web Services, which enabled the client to analyze huge volumes of data from multiple sources.
- Migrated on-premises Windows Server and Oracle databases to Amazon Web Services and Amazon Web Services Relational Database Service, respectively.
- Leveraged SoftNAS to set up a 2-node file server cluster on Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
Speak to a Visionet Expert
Discover how Visionet can help you produce tangible business results using digital technology